Vegan Tuna Salad Recipe
Do you miss tuna salad but try to stick to a vegan diet? Finally, here is some good news about the vegan tuna salad recipe! Vegan tuna salad likely came about due to worries about overfishing & the fishing industry's environmental effect. People started looking for sustainable & ethical seafood alternatives as they learned about its adverse effects. The desire for a plant-based tuna salad that tasted & felt like the real thing led to vegan tuna salad.
Let's get down to the meat of the matter & learn how to make vegan tuna salad recipes.
What is Vegan Tuna Salad?
Vegan tuna salad is an alternative to traditional tuna salad derived from plants. It is prepared with various vegan ingredients that mimic the texture & flavor of tuna.
Chickpeas, white legumes, or more are typically used as the base of vegan tuna salad, providing a texture similar to flaked tuna. Other ingredients, including vegan mayonnaise, chopped vegetables, & seasonings, are combined to create a delicious & nourishing salad.
Some of the Popular Vegan Tuna Salad Innovative Recipes:
Vegan tuna salad recipes can be made in various innovative styles, depending on your preferences & dietary restrictions. Some of the following basic vegan tuna salad recipe examples:
- Chickpea Tuna Salad: Most common style of vegan tuna salad made with mashed chickpeas, vegan mayonnaise, chopped vegetables, & seasonings.
- Jackfruit Tuna Salad: Jackfruit is a versatile fruit that can mimic the texture of meat or fish. In vegan tuna salad, shredded jackfruit is mixed with vegan mayonnaise, chopped vegetables, & seasonings.
- Tempeh Tuna Salad: Tempeh (fermented soy product) has a nutty flavor & a firm texture. In vegan tuna salad, crumbled tempeh is mixed with vegan mayonnaise, chopped vegetables, & seasonings.
- Tofu Tuna Salad: Tofu is a versatile ingredient that can mimic fish's texture. In vegan tuna salad, crumbled tofu is mixed with vegan mayonnaise, chopped vegetables, & seasonings.
Vegan Tuna Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 finely chopped small red onion
- 1 finely chopped celery stalk
- 1 finely chopped small dill pickle
- 2 tbsp capers, drained & chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce (tamari)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Prepare the Chickpeas:
Drain & rinse the chickpeas, then put them in a large mixing bowl.
Mash chickpeas with the help of a fork or a potato masher until they have a flaky consistency, like tuna.
2. Mix the Ingredients:
Add the freshly chopped red onion, celery stalk, dill pickle, & capers to the mashed chickpeas.
Mix the vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tamari or soy sauce, salt, & pepper in a separate bowl.
Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture & stir well until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
3. Adjust the Seasonings:
Adjust the seasonings to your taste. Season with salt, pepper, or lemon juice if extra flavor is needed.
4. Allow to Cool:
Put the bowl in a covered container or cover it securely with plastic wrap to keep the mixture fresh.
Then refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
5. Serve & Enjoy:
Once chilled, remove the vegan tuna salad from the refrigerator.
Finally, mix in some fresh parsley as a garnish & serve.
Serve it on your favorite bread, on soups, or with snacks.
Bonus Recipes From Sudo
- Vegan Curry Recipe
- How to Make Veg Momos
- Vegan Keema Recipe
- Vegetarian Popcorn Chicken Recipe
- Samosa Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Jackfruit Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Vegan Ice-Cream
- Vegan Burger Recipe
Vegan tuna salad recipe is a healthy & cruelty-free alternative to traditional tuna salad. This plant-based alternative is loaded with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, & abundant flavor. This vegan tuna salad will quickly become a favorite among vegans & those simply inquisitive about trying new foods. Enjoy more delicious plant-based foods by incorporating delicious Sudo plant-based foods into your meals.