Veg Galouti Kebab Recipe
Galouti kebab is a traditional and super mouth-watering North-Indian dish typically made with minced meat, herbs and a concoction of 15-20 aromatic spices.
According to legends, Lucknow's Nawab Asad-Ud-Daula (1748–1797) lost most of his teeth as he grew old, but his love for kebabs was far from waning. With that, the seasoned khansamas created a loved (at least decades later) variation for their toothless Nawab that required no chewing and would literally melt in one’s mouth.
It also had the same mouthwatering taste and rich flavours of kebabs.
This recipe is a vegetarian ode to those khansamas that invented a delicacy enjoyed even today.
This vegetarian version of the Mutton Galouti Kebab far exceeds expectations of meat lovers.
The kebabs are soft, flavorful, and perfect for serving as appetizers or bar snacks. It can be served with a side of mint or green chutney and onion rings for an extra kick.
Here Is the List of Things That You Will Need to Make Galouti Kebab:
- 4 Pieces - Slider Buns
- 4 Pieces - Sudo’s Kind Mutton Galouti Kebab
- 2 tsp. Vegan Mint Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Crispy Fried Onions (or one onion, sliced and fried)
- 2 Tbsp. Coriander Leaves (whole)
- 1⁄4 small Cucumber, sliced
For Sides, you need:
- Waffle Fries or Taro Chips
- Coleslaw/Salad (as shown in the video)
- 1 small Carrot, julienned
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 small Red cabbage, sliced
- 1⁄2 small Green cabbage, sliced
- Creamy Dressing (whisk together all ingredients)
- 1⁄2 cup Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. Cayenne (optional, can sub 1 tsp. Chilli Powder)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ground black pepper
How to Make Veg Galouti Kebab: Cooking Instructions:
- Slice onions and fry until golden brown (or you could also get off-the-shelf fried onions)
- Prepare Kind Mutton Galouti Kebab as per the package instructions (you could also refer to this video)
- Lightly oil or butter slider buns and toast on a tawa or in an oven until lightly browned.
- Spread a thin layer of mint mayonnaise on the inside of all slider buns
- Place cooked vegetarian galouti kebab.
- Now add a slice of fresh cucumber and top off with a small bunch of coriander leaves for that fresh crunch!
- Close the sliders and enjoy a fresh and spicy treat!
We hope you give this recipe for vegetarian galouti kebabs a try. It's a tasty and healthy alternative to regular animal-based meat kebabs.
Even the most discriminating palates are likely to enjoy this dish, which is rich and aromatic because of the combination of vegetables, spices, and herbs.
This recipe is a perfect way to mix up your vegetarian diet, whether served as an appetizer or a main course.
So give it a shot and indulge in a satisfying and guilt-free kebab experience.